Saturday, June 4, 2016

Summer School With Tim

This Summer Tim Holtz is re-introducing his Creative Chemistry 101 and 102 classes. These classes will run for June and July. In August Tim will be running his newest class, Creative Chemistry 103. Since I have been wanting to take these classes this is the perfect opportunity since Tim will be participating in all of them. Since it is class there are homework challenges. This week we had to create a tag or a card using one of the three distress ink techniques we learned. The challenge was that each tag or card had to include at least 4 colors. I chose to make two tags using two of the three techniques:

My first tag is the Brushless Watercolor technique. The Distress ink colors I used were Gathered Twigs, Carved Pumpkin, Mowed Lawn, and Crushed Olive. The stamp is from the Flower Garden set.


For my second tag I used the Blended Spritz and Flick technique. Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Mowed Lawn, and Squeezed Lemonade were my ink choices. I inked the edges of the tag with Gathered Twigs, and got to use my, just arrived, Wildflower Dies.


I've been doing the Twelve Tags with Tim for three years, and I must say watching him create these backgrounds is the secret to making beautiful tags and cards.  He gives you so many important tips and tricks it makes the classes so worth taking.  I'm looking forward to spending the Summer with Tim!

1 comment: