Sunday, August 11, 2013

Loving Mixed Media

Lately I've been trying to work on projects for pictures I don't want to put in a scrapbook on a shelf.  So, I decided to jump into the world of mixed media.  Since I've always used different textures, and lots of embellishments on my pages it was time to raise the bar.  I must say the distressing and the ink are very scary.  Once it done there's no going back, but it has been a lot of fun.

The picture I used was purchased at an art show. It immediately caught my eye, and it needed more than just a frame. I love how this turned out.



I used a 12x12 canvas that I inked with shades of blue, red, and yellow Distress Inks then added the photo corners, both by Tim Holtz.  The flowers and bling are Prima, the key and charm are Graphic 45. 

No comments:

Post a Comment