Wednesday, January 22, 2014

It's Been A While

Finding the time to regularly post here has been one of my biggest challenges this past year. Hopefully, this year will be better. I have however, had time to work on a couple of projects that I think turned out really well, and I'd like to share them.

The first one I made for my sister-in-law who was attending a no wrap wedding shower.  She wanted to cover her gift in clear cello wrap since it consisted of multiple items, and a card just wasn't going to do the trick.  I had just gotten a new Julie Nutting doll stamp, and it was perfect for a gift tag.
I cut the tag on my Cricut using the Bags, Boxes and Tags cartridge. Then I used Tim Holtz distress inks to color the background, and stamped some flourishes on.  For the Bride's dress I used Diamond Stickles on the top and her headband, added some flowers, and done. This was really easy, fun to do, and looked great on the gift.




Since I got into Mixed Media this year I purchased a Tim Holtz configuration book.  It sat on a shelf for months. I would look at it and cringe thinking, "What am I going to do with this?" While organizing my room I found pictures from a family vacation we had taken at the Jersey Shore.  It took me a while to complete, but it was worth the time and effort.

This is the front

The inside

The back

Till next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment