Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Tim Holtz Tags of 2016 - April

Woo Hoo! I was one of the winners for the March Tim Tag! How cool is that?!

For this month's tag I really had to improvise since I didn't have any of the main ingredients for either one of the techniques Tim used. Instead of the woodgrain background I used an embossing folder, and I got to use my crayons again. Have I mentioned that I really love these. It's so easy to blend the colors without making them muddy.

Since I don't have the Mosaic Kit I used modeling paste and stuck my paper bits to the bunny and butterfly.  I used glossy accents to coat the paper bits. When they dried I inked both pieces with Gathered Twigs then wiped them off with a soft rag.  Since the glossy accents resisted the ink the paper bits look like the glass you would find in a Mosaic.

Once again Tim has outdone himself.  I loved the Mosaic technique, and can't wait to try it on another project.



2 comments:

  1. This tag is awesome! Love the bunny and butterfly. the background screams spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spotted this out of the many on Tim's linky... this is awesome. I love the soft bunny! I don't have the mosaic kit either... and it's not high on my list because look at what folks without the kit are able to create! You did just fine!

    ReplyDelete