Sunday, June 7, 2015

Tim Holtz Tags of 2015 - June

I must admit when I saw this months tag I was not immediately inspired. I didn't have the die or stencil Tim used, and I'm not the person who will make custom ink pads. Taking Tim's advice to just take the time to create I sat down at my craft table and just let it happen one layer at a time. I started by pulling out Distress Inks, Markers, and Spray Stain in the colors I wanted to use.

Since I really loved Tim's background I used the burlap layering stencil to get my plaid effect. At this point, with my hands covered in various ink colors, I had to admit that having an ink pad with multiple colors would have been much neater. Note to self: There's a reason for what Tim does.

I decided to use my Butterfly Duo and Honeycomb dies. I colored the butterflies with Distress Markers then sprayed them with water to blend the colors. The honeycomb is painted with Picket Fence. Now it was time to start layering.

I started with a piece of burlap I found in my stash and built from there.  The final piece I added was the key. I needed something for the space, but didn't know what I wanted to put there, so off to embellishment box I went. I have no clue where this key came from, but there it was just sitting on top of the box. I knew I had to use it.

Perfect! I just love the way this tag turned out.  It's probably my favorite tag creation since starting this challenge.

You can see more about the techniques Tim used for this months tag on his blog. Maybe you'll decide to join in the fun.



1 comment:

  1. What a super fun tag. All of the elements are so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete