This week I learned when Donna gets an idea in the middle of the night it's going to be wild. This project took me about 5 days working one layer at a time to allow for drying. What an experience!
Before I could start I had to cut my own stencil. Another learning experience. I used the Tim Holtz Layered Butterfly die. I love this die and got to use both the positive and negative cuts.
The orange butterfly is actually two butterflies sandwiched with the center inclusion page in-between. Using the negative from from die cut I used modeling paste to make two butterflies.
The purple butterfly was made using the positive die cut as a mask that I removed after covering both pages with modeling paste.
For the grass I used an old green blouse from my closet. This was good because I should clean the closet. After cutting it into strips I attached the fabric using more modeling paste. Then, you guessed it, more modeling paste on top.
Painting, stamping and woo hoo it's done! I love the way it turned out!